Light Footsteps cordially invites you to a PERMA-BLITZ!
We’re having people over this weekend Saturday, May 9 and the following weekend Sunday, May 17. Come any time after 11 AM and stay as long as you’d like!
We even have plenty of space for camping in our field or the woods. Bring your friends and come have some fun!
What the heck is a perma-blitz?! It’s a convergence of people who get together for a short time to make a BIG project come together. It’s also about meeting and networking with like-minded individuals, learning about permaculture, sharing what you know, and having fun outdoors.
Here at our homestead we have some BIG ideas for the future, and we’re trying to make a lot of headway this spring.
Some of the projects we’d like help on are our:
- 2500 sq ft Keyhole garden
- Kitchen garden
- Herb spiral
- Orchard swales
- Medicine wheel garden
- Sun garden
We’ve done a lot of the design and prep work:
- We sheet mulched a space for the medicine wheel garden in the fall, added more mulch this spring, and it is ready to be planted.
- In order to turn our lawn into garden beds and orchards, we cut paths by hand with shovels, and rented a sod-cutter to establish the keyhole beds and to prep the swales and sun garden
- We’ve stockpiled cardboard to be applied to some of the keyhole garden beds that will be covered with soil and planted with nitrogen fixing plants until next season
- We’ve imported a couple tons of soil and mulch, which need to be applied to the beds
We need your help, and there are a number of things you might do:
- Move soil and mulch
- Plant fruit/nut trees, herbs, vegetables
- Help to design a forthcoming sun trap, pond, and food forest
- Occupy our 18 month old
If nothing else, stop by to meet our chickens and new bees!
Or contact us here:
Can’t attend, but still interested in helping? You can donate to our fiscally-sponsored non-profit HERE (it is tax-deductible). Please, also feel free to contact us about volunteering at another time